May 2017 – Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) inspection reports confirm the high standards of education and adherence to regulatory standards at Tormead.
During the recent visit from a team of six inspectors, the ISI conducted a Focused Compliance Inspection (FCI) which judges adherence to ISI regulations: Tormead met all required standards. The Educational Quality Inspection (EQI) was also completed and the school was awarded the highest judgement, Excellent.
Headmistress Christina Foord said, “We are absolutely thrilled with these results. The inspectors saw what we see and judged Tormead as Excellent, attesting to our girls’ exemplary attitudes to learning and outstanding achievements. We aim for the best, for each individual girl and for the school; we aim to live by our Values. There is much in these reports to affirm us in what we do. The tremendous efforts and achievements of girls, staff, parents and governors are recognised in these glowing reports, and we are extremely proud.”
Highlights from the reports include:
- Pupils’ academic and other achievements are excellent.
- Pupils are supported by expert and dedicated teaching.
- Attitudes to learning are exemplary throughout the school.
- Personal development of the pupils is excellent.
- Pupils are well-rounded, confident and articulate.
- Pupils respect the school and its ethos.
- Pupils behave in an exemplary way and have a strong sense of morality.
- Pupils have exceptional attitudes to learning.
- Pupils have excellent study skills.
- Pupils contribute enthusiastically to the school community.
- Pupils benefit from extensive cross-curricular programmes.
- Creative use of digital technology enhances learning.
- Pupils know how to stay safe in the real world and online.
The full reports can be viewed here.