2 November 2015
The work is now complete! Our stunning new atrium opened on 2 November 2015
7 September 2015
The girls are in their new classrooms.
And the library is ready too
We were delighted with the input from the architects IID, who worked with the unusual layout of our school, developing plans which incorporate modern, coordinated facilities leaving us with a stunning new building that will make for a much enhanced learning environment for the girls.
The design of the new facilities incorporate modern teaching and learning spaces whilst providing the girls with additional break out and informal working areas, which ensure that our commitment to nurturing and educating the whole child remains paramount.
We are particularly pleased that this transformation can all be achieved within an environmental and sustainable framework that is both sympathetic to the School’s needs and to those of our adjoining neighbours.
Phase Two : Completed October 2015
We now have:
- New pupil entrance into the heart of the school linked to the new drop off zone completed in Phase One
- Multi purpose atrium for dining which will increase seating capacity to allow for more flexible timetabling.
- Wider corridors and breakout areas providing space to think, collaborate and reflect.
- 22 large classrooms to allow for more flexible teaching styles.
- Full disabled access to the Senior School site.
- New Library with Sixth Form balcony for private study.
Phase One: Completed Summer 2013
The first phase of the school’s redevelopment programme was celebrated in June 2013 with an opening of the new Art Suite; Upper School and Sixth Form art work was exhibited in the purpose-built, light and airy space.
Last year’s other improvements include an extended Sixth Form Common Room, a new gallery seating area in the Hall and a new Year 11 Common Room.
In addition, over the summer, contractors completed the coach drop off and pick up area, which we are delighted has proven to ease traffic congestion in Cranley Road during the busy times. This new traffic flow has enabled us to open a rolling drop-off zone outside the front of school in the mornings.